News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Newbie Question 61-62 Convertible

Started by TommyJ, October 31, 2012, 05:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyJ

Hi,

A long time ago I fell in love with 50s and 60s cadillacs, since then I have been saving me pennys. Now I am finally in a position to purchase my dream car, either a 1961 or 1962 Cadillac Convertible. I'm from Australia and as such have seen very few of these beautiful machines in person. And I have a few questions I was hopping someone may be able to answer for me. Firstly in in my search for 61-62 convertible I have see many cars advertised with the options of power steering, power brakes and power windows, however my understanding was that the items came standard on the convertible. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not.

Thanks

Tom

76eldo

Tommy,

Power steering brakes, power windows, and power windows seem to be standard equipment on Cadillacs by then. 

If you email me at " rachlin@comcast.net I have some photos of a 1961 Eldorado Biarritz convertible that's available.

Brian.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Dan LeBlanc

Power windows were indeed optional but almost always ordered. Heater was even optional in 61 but standard in 62.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Steves info is correct. Also,power windows have been STANDARD equipment on Cadillac convertibles since 1946. Front windows only in 46 & 47. All 4 windows on 48 & up.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dan LeBlanc

Attached are the scans from the 1961 and 1962 brochures.

Dan LeBlanc

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Dan, I believe Bob was referring specifically to the Series 62 convertible on which power windows were standard.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dan LeBlanc

Unfortunately, I quickly read the post and didn't see the reference to the convertible.
Dan LeBlanc

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on October 31, 2012, 05:13:25 PM
Unfortunately, I quickly read the post...

Done it myself my friend, more times than I care to remember.  :-[
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

62droptop

good luck with the hunt, best choice for a cadillac in my opionion,but i am biased a wee bit as i have a 62 ragtop

there are a few members of the 61-62 cadillac owners group also  from  down under and know of many cars around the area

http://www.61-62cadillacs.com/forums/index.php 

may be a good idea to contact some owners close by,maybe even one around the corner from you

i guess in some markets where manual brakes, steering and manual trans are the norm, some people list the standard equipment on our cars  as options

TommyJ

Thanks guys for all your help and info, its greatly appreciated.

Brian while an eldorado would be awsome to own, I think it is slightly out of my price league.

62droptop I will definately check out the 61-62 cadillac owners group.

Thanks Again

62droptop

Quote from: TommyJ on November 02, 2012, 06:58:21 AM
Thanks guys for all your help and info, its greatly appreciated.

Brian while an eldorado would be awsome to own, I think it is slightly out of my price league.

i too was looking for an eldorado and then discovered you can have an identical car minus a few trim pieces and slightly different interior trim pattern  for just a little better than 1/2 or 2/3   what a eldo can bring

there are a couple nice cars for sale right now on the forum, Bill has a nice white with red interior  61 droptop for sale

Dan LeBlanc

I second the nod on Bill Young's car.  We all drool over it on the forum.
Dan LeBlanc

Gordyb50

Tommy,

I have your car...I have owned my 1962 Cadillac Convertible for 25 years..It is in stock never modified condition.  It is in fair to good condition, and needs the top redone. I am starting to do the research on the value..The car is in San Jose, CA...The build plate has the following information.
02A, Style 62-6267, Body FW 8091, Trim 28, Paint 50, Top 1,
Acc  EKY.....The price will be right.Gordy (408) 421-6771