News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 Eldo kick down arm lever and spring photos?

Started by Dan M, October 31, 2012, 09:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan M

When I did the carb rebuild, I found the kickdown switch was in position, but there was no part to actuate it- no lever, no spring.  The switch shaft was just sitting inside the carb arm.

Does anyone have :

a picture of theirs- it is the square box with 2 wires just ahead of the throttle cable.
extra parts willing to sell

Thanks!
Dan

Scot Minesinger

For my 1970, the shop manual has a great picture and how to adjust it.  The 1968 should be same/similar.  Cadillac Tim, USA parts and others sell used kick down switches, as the arm break-off is a common failure (usually due to a faulty carb installation/adjustment).  This is a 20 minute job, an hour tops if being careful, reading everything, testing and taking your time.  The car has so much power with a 472, mine might kick down once a year anyway during routine driving.  Rarely is there a need to get into the throttle that much.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Jeff Maltby 4194

Here's a 69 :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Dan M