News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

52 interchange

Started by jst, November 01, 2012, 10:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jst

Hi
I have gone thru my Hollander To see if the windshield and reveal molding in a 52 Cadillac COUPE is the same  that is in a Buick Roadmaster model 76R and a Buick Super model 56R. I believe they are the same but I can't totaly verify it by the book. Can anyone tell me for absolute certain, one way or the other ?  Thanks
Joe T
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68
1953 Cadillac series 62 COUPE

LeRoy DeVol

Joe, Years ago i had my windshield broken out on my 51 Cad. when the hood popped up. The only windshield we could find came out of a Buick of the same year. I don't remember what model but i am sure if you measure, it will fit. I am quite sure the 52 is the same as mine.

Lee DeVol 

R Sotardi #11719

Joe according to the Hollander manual, the 56r Buick is the same as the 76r Riveria Cpe. Part ( Index #) is 855. The 52 Cadillac  Coupe  is index # 855 and also FYI are the coupes from 50 &51 model 62s, and 53 hardtop. So looks like you have a winner. Incidently, the model 61s from 51 & 50 won't fit, nor any 4 door. Ron

jst

Thanks.
That's what I thought when I read my Hollander but wasn't absolutly sure. The reason I wanted to know is because there is an outside visor, available, that will fit those Buick models which, in turn, should fit a Cadillac COUPE.
Joe T
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68
1953 Cadillac series 62 COUPE