News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sunroof button stopped working

Started by AC48, November 01, 2012, 11:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC48

Earlier yesterday I tried closing the sunroof on my 1991 Cadillac Brougham and the button didn't operate. The Open and Tilt buttons work but the Stop and ASC button stopped working.  Any ideas???? 
Thanks in advance!

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Are you a smoker?        My sister had a 1988 with a similar problem, her husband was a smoker. Tar from cigarette smoke migrates up to that area.   Cleaned switch with Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, worked fine.  Q-tip was dark orange, showed what smoking can do.  They immediately stopped smoking.       Tim Pawl CLC#4383

AC48

Wow!!!!! Yes I am.... I will try that out and I need to stop smoking as well.  Thanks Tim!

Guidematic

Add a bit of tension to the fingers in the switch while you're in there. They tend to loose tension and can render the switch inoperative.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

AC48