News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Red interior color 70's and 80's?

Started by TJ Hopland, November 02, 2012, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

Did the Red interior color change sometime in the late 70's or earlier 80's?   To me it looks like the red in the early 80's is brighter than the early 70's.    Just wondering if they did change it and when or if I am used to faded 70's cars and just recently saw some non faded 80's ones. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If there was a significant variation through the '70s-on, I haven't noticed it, however it's difficult to say without having a number of unfaded examples to compare side by side. I will say the most brilliant red leather I ever saw was on a '73 SdV with very low mileage.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

RobW

The reds are different thru the years. 73-74 scarlet red is a real bright bold red. Some late 70's early 80's had a similar red but not quite as bright. Other years had deeper reds more like a carmine red, or oxblood, with the exception of 76-77 firethorn.
Rob Wirsing