News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Guy....

Started by greaser, November 07, 2012, 11:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greaser

I just wanted to take time to say Hi, and introduce myself.

My name is Bert, and own and operate a small detail shop/auto acc. shop. I just picked up my first Cadillac project, and have been having a hard time finding tech info and parts. So I am very excited to have found yall.

My car is a 1970 Sedan DeVill, with a bagged suspension. It runs good, but I bought it with a bad transmission. The trans is in the shop now getting rebuilt and should be done soon, so I am really looking forward to finally driving it. It also has some issues with the electric windows.

I just wanted to say that I am happy to be here, and here are a few pics of the car.

B. Polasek

R Schroeder

Welcome Bert.
Nice looking car.
Roy

greaser

Thanks Roy. It photographs well, but is in need of alot of work.

Guidematic

It's a pillared sedan too. They had a low production run. 7,230 of style #68369.

Once you get to drive it, you'll love it!

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

greaser

Thats good to know. I didnt realize it was a semi rare car. Thanks for the info. Would that affect my search for "usable" door panels and window tracks?

Guidematic

the front doors are shared with the Fleetwood, but as far as the internal hardware, particularly with the rear doors, I can't say if it is interchangible with the deVille hardtop.

However, this basic style was shared with Buick and Olds, and I'd bet the hardware is the same.

One thing I did find in my casual research on these cars is that there are 2 basic styles of window regulator used in 1970. That would determine what type of central locking system these cars used. The post type regulator (which my '70 Fleetwood has) used electric locks. The scissor type regulator used the vacuum system. Now, central locking was optional on all models, including the Fleetwoods. So if your car does not have it, then you'd have to remove the door panel to see what is in there.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

60eldo

Hi and welcome,,,If I can heip you out let me know, Im parting out a 1968 deville, good PW motors and alot more,, Ive sold many parts here to some of the guys and theyre  pretty happy so
Jon. Klu

greaser

Thanks for the info Mike. I will look more into that.

Thanks Johnny. I will get with you when I find out what all I need to get it fixed.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Bert

Fantastic to have you with us on the forum.

Have you had a chance to attend a local region meeting near your residence? Also please complete the national application with the fee asap to enjoy the full benefits of membership. I look forward to meeting you at our 2013 Grand National in Boston.

P.S. When you are prepared to acquire your second special vehicle of this brand I would be happy to guide you in the right direction.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Dan LeBlanc

Welcome aboard. After lurking about on the forum since 2009, I joined the CLC. I got a few of the Self Starter magazines at the CLC tent when I joined. The magazine alone is worth the price of Membership.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

greaser

Thanks for the welcome. This site is vast in knowledge and tech support and look forward to reading thru it.

I do have a question though. Is this forum supposed to be for members only? I will look into the membership progress. Thanks again for having me.

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

You do not have to be a member of the club to use the Message Board.  But why deprive yourself of the many valuable benifts of the club?  These benifts include:

The Self-Starter: This award-winning monthly magazine is published eleven times per year. It is filled with interesting articles submitted by members, mechanical tips and advice; classified sections of cars, parts, and literature for sale/wanted; regional projects; historical accounts; member car features and Cadillac-factory updates.

Membership Directory: One of the most comprehensive membership directories in the hobby is printed annually and lists all members, their automobiles, and their location, plus engine/model serial numbers, production numbers, judging classifications, award winners, etc.

Roster of Technicians: Technicians with specific expertise as to the year or model are listed in the Membership Directory as a service to assist club members with difficult restoration/operational problems.

Authenticity Manuals: These indispensable manuals are published to help members with the idiosyncrasies and correctness of restoring their Cadillac-built automobile.
Our Web sites: The Cadillac & LaSalle Club Web sites are your gateway to Cadillacs and LaSalles on the Internet. The main Club site opens a vista of historical and current information and is where you'll find all of the latest news about the Club. Our online message board is the largest of its type in the Cadillac hobby. Also, a comprehensive, database-style Web site consisting of all things Cadillac and LaSalle has been created and donated by CLC member Yann Saunders. With over 9000 items of information and 16,000 images, its breadth and depth of Cadillac and LaSalle information is unequaled on the Internet.

Inventory of Memorabilia: CLC jewelry, car badges, and personal items are available for purchase. Without a doubt the inventory and quality of awards, memorabilia and publications is unsurpassed.

Automobile Events: An annual Grand National Meet is hosted by one of the 44 chartered U.S. regions every summer. The constantly changing location of the meet enhances the opportunity for members around the world to visit new areas while on vacation, enjoy a great diversity of Cadillacs and LaSalles and meet new people with a common interest. Activities at the Grand National Meet include social events, national level judging, technical seminars, local tours, and a swap meet with cars and parts for sale. An awards banquet concludes a typical GN meet. Lifetime friendships have been created through these events and many members anxiously look forward to the next Grand National. Interregional meets are an increasingly popular activity between adjoining regions throughout the U.S.

Driving Tours: At least one national driving tour is organized annually by one of the U.S. regions...a time to enjoy the Cadillac-built automobiles as they were initially intended...to be driven. Local collections are often a part of such a driving tour as well as cultural and scenic attractions. International affiliates' activities include similar events. All CLC members are welcome to participate.

Historical Archive: The Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum and Research Center, Inc. (CLC Museum) is a separate charitable and educational organization. As a 501 © 301 organization, it is eligible for and welcomes tax-deductible contributions. Members of the CLC are automatically members of the CLC Museum. The Museum provides access to historical data, factory publications, and vital data contributed by generous donors in order to preserve Cadillac's history and heritage. Copies of the archival information are available for a very nominal.
Information on how to join the club can be found at this link: https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/joinrenew

Regards:

Bill Hedge, CLC #14424
Message Board Administrator
Cadillac & La Salle Club

soonerinmo

Welcome and nice car! It has kind of a mean look, lowered and black...I like it! 
Brian Combs ><>

'67 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Sold)
'08 DTS

greaser

Thanks for the info on the club. I will check into membership.

Thanks Brian. Cant wait to get this thing on the road.

Chris Conklin

Welcome! That car looks great slammed. Nice. You may want to introduce yourself to the Modified Chapter as well...

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org
Chris Conklin

greaser

Thanks Chris. I will check it out.