News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Fleetwood interior types, codes

Started by Renato, November 07, 2012, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renato

I try to find infos from 57 Fleetwood interior without success. Somebody have a documentation from the original interior types?

I'd like to ma it with full leather. Was it avaliable in Fleetwood or only Convertible models? Thank you for your help
R. Bognar

okccadman

Full leather was available on any Cadillac on a special order, extra cost basis.  I have a 1956 Fleetwood Sixty Special with full red/white leather.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Renato

Thank you, great news. Where can I find pictures? I'd like to make the original stitching so I need patterns.
R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

The leather interior would be in the same pattern style as the standard cloth and leather interiors. 

According to the Specifications Manual, any Eldorado, series 62 convertible or Mountain Laurel leather was available in part or entirely on any other car.  So, you could 2-tone a leather interior and even mix grains--like Eldorado buffalo grain with milled grain series 62 convertible leathers.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Renato

R. Bognar

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Renato,

Interior and trim combinations are listed here:  http://www.rrrclc.org/color_database.htm

The interior in the picture you posted looks like Metallic Copper smooth grain leather and a non standard cloth. Original Eldorado leather had a pronounced “Buffalo” grain that was more textured than appears in the picture. The Metallic Copper was available in all leather in both  the Seville and Biarritz.

HTH,
Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Renato

Thanks, maybe do you have pictures from leather upholestry in Fleetwood? Google can not help me :)
R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

That looks like Buffalo grain that was used on the Eldorados.  The cloth appears to be a copper paisley pattern but the correct copper and black cloth was called Versailles cloth.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Renato

I'd like to use only leather the same color and pattern as the original was in 57. I like this "pink" leather color becouse my car exterior will be dirty rose. If it was not available with full leather I will choose another color combo.
R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

Not sure how that copper would look with Dusty Rose.  Mountain Laurel was the preferred interior color with Dusty Rose. 

Try to get a paint sample and a Copper leather interior sample and put them together.  You may find that the Copper won't look right with the exterior choice.

Your other option is to paint the car copper and use the Copper interior...  Copper was a standard Eldorado paint choice but it was available across the line on Special Order.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

The interior of this car is quite nice and is a close approximation of original; however it is not correct original. The pics are too small to get a clear look at the leather grain. In the driver seat pic the leather appears to me to be too smooth.  The fabric is a copper and black paisley pattern but not stock. In ’57 the stock Seville copper interiors were:
Code 15, All Copper Metallic Leather;
Code 55, Copper and Black Metallic Paisley Cloth with Copper Metallic Leather;
Code 58, Copper and Black Metallic Versailles Cloth with Copper Metallic Leather
Versailles cloth is a smooth black and copper weave that’s iridescent depending on how the light hits it. Attached pic from an ebay ad shows a correct Code 55 interior

Color choice is always a personal matter, but I couldn’t agree more with Walter that Dusty Rose with copper interior would not be my choice. I suggest you get samples of the colors to be sure they look like you envision them.

Ralph 
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Renato

I will paint a piece of metal with Dusty Rose metallic. As you advices I will "look" them together. My car will arrive next week. I'm so excited. :)
R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

I compared the 2 colors and I don't think you'll be happy with that color combination. 

What are the factory interior and exterior codes on the car as it was built?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Renato

Originally was black with black & white interior. I would like dirty rose outside (white looks also nice on Fleetwood) with the correct (factory) full leather seats. Original my question was what sort of leather materials were avaliable for the Fleetwood model
R. Bognar

Renato

Just to move forward the "why" question. I have a car and leather restoration business. So if sy scratch or crack the leather I can easily fix it. I have professional leather cleaning and painting things. I can not handle the textile.
R. Bognar

Walter Youshock

Fleetwoods had a smooth milled-grain leather.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Renato

R. Bognar

Andy Green

Hi,
In answer to trim codes try this site: http://www.rrrclc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/CLC-Color-Database-2017-03-20.pdf
It gives trim codes from 1940 onwards so hope that helps.

Andy Green
Weston-s-Mare, UK

57 Fleetwood
76 Mercury Marquis