News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The Standard of the World

Started by Michael Barnes, November 09, 2012, 10:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Barnes

During the election, online Cadillac ads flashed the old motto -- the Standard of the World. Is that something recently brought back, or has it been a regular part of Cadillac marketing for all time?

C.R. Patton II

Hello Mr. Barnes

The motto--The Standard of the World has been a traditional expectation declaration of the brand.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Guidematic

But it hasn't been used by Cadillac since the '70's. If indeed they are using it again, I think that's great.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Dan LeBlanc

There aren't many GM products right now that I see and make me think OOOOOH I need to own that. Even my 63 Impala bare bones all original has less issues than my girlfriend's 2006 Impala with equal mileage.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Davidinhartford

Mike,

Cadillac has used that Motto until the seventies.    They only recently started using it again as the new lineup has been very well received around the world.    Cadillac is back!

Guidematic

1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Alan Harris CLC#1513

In the eighties, it was "An American Standard for The World".