News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1989 Illuminayed Entry Question

Started by Dennis DiNorcia, November 08, 2012, 02:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis DiNorcia

My Devile has illuminated entry system and when the handle is pushed in the lights do not time out. They will go out when the key is turned on. I have kids in my neighborhood and if they press in the button, the lights will stay on indefinately. I assume there is a timer for this (or relay) Can someone tell me where it is? It happens with both doors so I do not suspect a sticking button. Thanks.
D. DiNorcia

Dave Shepherd

Sounds like bad illuminated entry module.  Tough to remember where it is, under the dash either lt or rt of the steering column?  Not the Twi Lite Sentinel module, that has a small hole to adjust sensitivity.

Guidematic

That's along the lines of what I'm thinking. But I do not have a shop manual for this model. I can't remember if there is a specific module, or if it's controled by the BCM. However I'm swaying to the latter. The interior lights are controlled by the BCM on my '88 Eldorado.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Dennis DiNorcia

I looked up "Illuminated Entry Relay" on eBay and it does come up for auction. I just do not know where this is located to change it before I buy it. So a relay timer does seem to exist for the system.

Dave Shepherd

No bcm in an 89 Cad, the relay/timer is part of the module assy.

Guidematic

This being the FWD car, I was sure there is. I know the Brougham does not and there is an illuminated entry module.
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

936CD69

I can email a scan from the service manual. Part number for all 88-93 is 25537353, it is a small circuit board with and edge connector, my 93 had it in a plastic housing attached to the left side of the relay center, behind the glovebox. BTW, all 85-93 C cars have a BCM.
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

Dave Shepherd

Quote from: 936CD53 on November 08, 2012, 05:33:08 PM
I can email a scan from the service manual. Part number for all 88-93 is 25537353, it is a small circuit board with and edge connector, my 93 had it in a plastic housing attached to the left side of the relay center, behind the glovebox. BTW, all 85-93 C cars have a BCM.
You are correct, I should have checked my SM,  They have limited function unlike todays BCMs, but I do not see where they control the illuminated entry system. :-[

936CD69

You are correct on that point, Dave. The white 156 circuit wire connects to the BCM and the timer, but neither controls the other. A temporary fix is to unplug the timer, the dome lights will still work normally (without illuminated entry) until a new module can be found.
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302