News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Oldest picture of you with a Cadillac

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, November 07, 2012, 11:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

Just came across this picture of me( the little one) and my brother taken in 1953 on the folks first new Cadillac, a 53 sedan with wire hubcaps.

Note wire roof luggage rack a top of, which I found under the folks house after they passed away. It now resides in Europe on a 55 chevy just like it did on the folks new 55 chevy 4 door wagon :<
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Guidematic

It must have been a fairly well optioned car too. Look at those wire wheels! And I must say you were brought up right, a new cadillac at such a young age.

I think I may have a pick of me somewhere with my first Cadillac, a clapped out 1975 CDV, but I'd have to locate it.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Brett Baird

This is a photo of my mother, my sister and I on Easter Sunday, 1960 with my 1941 60 Special (I was 5 years old).  Two years ago the four of us posed again for the 50th anniversary of this photo.  My mother pointed out that the three of us have aged, while the car looks as good or better than it did in the original photo. 
B Baird
'41 Fleetwood 60 S  http://bit.ly/1jwgEWm
'59 Sedan DeVille 6339 "Flat-top"  http://bit.ly/1jwgUF1

R Schroeder

This was back in about 1956. I was about 9.
I am the one with the hose.
My brothers and I washing my dad's 42 Cadillac. I know this was posted before, but maybe some more people will get a charge out of the old pictures.
Roy

Barry

Dad's 57 Convertible in 1958 !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Eric S. Maypother #15104

I don't know when I'll find the picture but I have 1 from when I was 2, in 1968 sitting on the hood of my fathers 1963 Eldorado Convertible, it was aqua with white top & interior.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Gene Beaird

Very cool!  I KNOW I have pictures of me with our 59 Eldo, and may even have pictures of me with our 50. I named it 'Tom', I don't know why  I definitely remember playing with the cool location of the hidden fuel filler. I Just don't know if my parents ever caught me in the ack of that fascination.

Unfortunately, all of those pictures are in some Kodak carousel as a slide. About all I have is a picture of my Dad's 49 Sedanette that he took on base, probably at Windover or somewhere in Texas.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Doug 22747

My first car, a 52 Sedan on the way to high school in 1974.  We were dressed this way as it was "50s Day"  Me on the left at age 16.   
Doug Browne
Atlanta, GA

cwcinps

Hello,  Ok I know there is no picture but I have to tell you all what you started and a short story.  There is a picture of me in 1965-66 in front of my Grandmothers 1957 Cpe deVille. But I have not found it yet. At some point in 1966 the car "threw a rod" and they bought a 1966 Olds Starfire (I can find that picture). In 1976 my Monther dropped me off for a music lesson and notice my teacher had a White/Black Cadillac in the driveway. She wrote down the License Plate and asked her Mother in Law (my Grandmother) and sure enough that was the plate on their car.  So, 10 years after they got rid of the 1957 deVille my music teacher owned it.  Small World for sure.   Now I know I have this picture because when my Grandmother passed in 2001 and we found the picture and a few months later I ran into a 1957 deVille (not her's) and bought it in a moment of missing my Grandmother.   I still own the 57 and I am still looking for that picture. 

Ok,  no a picture but I had to share this as looking for the picture got me looking at family photo's dating to the late 1800's and I have now burnt a 2 days building the family tree online.

thanks for allowing me a trip down memory lane
Chris

1957 Coupe deVille
1976 Convertible Eldorado

curly

Ok, I'll play. ;D  My first experience with a Cadillac was when a friend helped me purchase my 59 Fleetwood.  I've always liked cars with fins, and the 59 Cad is my favorite.  This pic is of me and the car right after we finished painting it, but before the rest of the trim was installed.  Taken in 1990, I'm 29 in the pic. I don't look like that any more. :o

T Lewis