News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Making Progress.....

Started by Jeff Wilk, November 11, 2012, 11:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Thought that I'd post an update to the '59 Fleetwood project that my sons Noah and Alex and I are working on now that things are slowly returning to normal after SANDY in my area.  Below are some pictures of the engine bay area. Before and after. Lots and lots and lots of parts involved when you remove the whole front end and clip and trans/engine.  It is all going back together and so far we only have one washer and two nuts left over as "spares". ??? ???  Really wish I had a full vacuum diagram for all hoses for tri-power set up etc.........

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

dirkdaddy

Scott Philbrook
Houston tx

Quentin Hall

G'day Jeff, I am glad you and the 59 survived Sandy. My wife was in NYC for two weeks only a month prior on a well earned vacation. ( good timing) She hasn't stopped raving about it, but it's tinged with sadness that the whole region is no doubt going to be suffering for a long while to come. Hopefully the American Spirit is prevailing and renewal and reinvention will bring about an even better place.
PS That's a really nice tripower vacuum tank . . . wherever did you find that ?   Take care Mate. Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Jeff Wilk

Q, thanks so much for the note and kind wishes.  Make no mistake that the communities here and far are coming together to help each other out.  It is virtually impossible to describe in words the devastation across so many states and particularly the shore areas and the inland areas that are heavily treed.  It looks like pick-up sticks and giant toothpicks everywhere.  The gas lines in NJ are gone, almost everyone that did not have their property destroyed now has power back, and the clean-up and rebuilding has begun.  Trucking has resumed and the store shelves are beginning to get restocked.  Strangers became friends, and bystanders became heroes for certain.  Thanks again for asking, and for everyones well wishes.

As for that shiny new looking tri-power vac tank.....I knew you'd notice it's proud new home.  Hard to believe it's taken this long to get the car to the point where I could mount it.  That's actually all I had the time to do this past weekend as I took a short break from all the chaos by getting "lost in my garages time machine".  This little part has sure traveled the world.  Glad it's going back into service.......soon.......Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville