News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How do I find the history of my 1936 Cadillac

Started by duanedier, November 14, 2012, 11:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duanedier

I own a 1936 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Sedan Convertable. Vin # 3A1281.  I just purchased the Cadillac from the family that has owned it since 1958. I don't know the previous history of the car. Any help in where I would search out this information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Duane Dier

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Duane,
Good advice from Eric. I assume you got that # from your frame. It is not a complete #. Close but coded. Cadillac used the motor # to ID their cars for years. If your motor is original the # should be 3111281. That is the # you need to submit. The frame # was not matching until 1938. What you will get from the archives will be an invoice showing the dealer who ordered it & the factory installed options. It will NOT show the original buyers name.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Duane

Congratulations on your purchase.

Please join our organization and become an active participate with your vehicle. We have technical materials and model experts that to guide the fulfillment of your car.

The prior comments were excellent. I would suggest that you return to the seller for documentation of service, pictures, and shows entered. Specifically I would find out if the previous owners were members of this club or the Classic Car Club of America. Individuals that participate in these organizations have memories like turtles.

I hope to meet you at our Grand National in Boston next year.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Renato

How do I find my car history? How it works in the USA?
R. Bognar

Renato

R. Bognar