News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

52 colors and Authenticity manual?

Started by 52Cadillac, November 15, 2012, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

Looking for some touch up paint for the the Gurl. I was told it was a 52 color in Nassau Blue.
The Auth manual color of Nassau blue for 52 is much much darker, and my car is closer to the Olympic blue. So I look it up online and find cars in both the dark and the light color of Nassau blue.
What gives here is my cars actual color. What do I have gentlemen?
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

R Sotardi #11719

First of all, bring a test piece to the paint store, if possible, because pigments might be different from one batch to another, or the paint may have faded.  Is the paint on your car original? Also, no formula may exist for a crossover from your paint to what the shops are permitted to mix, ie, original laquer( illegal in some states) vs an enamel or urethene, or water base.  I have a 506219 Savoy Gray paint code is 8. What is the code on the data plate near the battery on the firewall? Empress blue was another color blue for 52. Codes are as follows: Empress blue=2, Nassau blue =5, Olympic blue = 7.  Start with talking to the counter man and proceed as he advises. Ron

52Cadillac

Hi,
The original code on the plate was Empress Blue, the previous owner records say the repaint was Nassau Blue repainted about 96. So what I'm wondering is my cars color Nassau Blue, or Olmpic blue? All three are correct colors for the 52.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Mike,

Without matching the color in person it’s impossible to say definitively. However the color looks like Nassau Blue, a medium shade of blue . Empress Blue is a dark midnight shade  while Olympic Blue is light almost powder blue.

HTH,

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

52Cadillac

Thanks Ralph. I've got a paint code somewhere I need to dig up.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org