News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Throttle/Shift Linkage Grommet/Bushings

Started by Jeff Wilk, November 17, 2012, 08:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

I am in need of the rubber linkage bushings that have the metal sleeve in the middle.  On my '59 these are used in four places all part of the throttle/accelerator/shift/cruise control unit linkages.  USA Parts and Rubber The Right Way sell them but the inner metal sleeves are too small for the 1959 linkage.  I'd try to reuse my inner sleeves but only have three of the originals.  And besides, the rubber is all dried out anyway.  Any sources for these???

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

bcroe

In some shift linkages, I have replaced these with aluminum shoulder
washers + flat washer.  Crude, but a permanent fix, I don't detect a
rattle.  good luck, Bruce Roe

Grant Owen

Jeff, from memory the earlier model ones RTRW list for 41 - 55 part # 08-002X Have the bigger sleeves & they are a fraction of the price of the ones that don't fit. If they don't work just do what I have done in the past use a small bit of tubing with the correct ID & push it into the rubber bushing while pushing out the other sleeve.