News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

seat belts for 1960 cadillacs.

Started by linchero, November 18, 2012, 08:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linchero

Is this a standard item in all 1960,s  cadillacs ? like coupes,eldorados,fleetwoods,etc, or was it an option ?   thnax.

quadfins

Optional.

Not standard until the mid '60s, although from 1962 on bodies were factory-equipped with hardware for installation.

jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

linchero

thanx,, now I know what to do in case I get stopped by a cop.I also found a pair of belts in the trunk just wondering if I should install them,

quadfins

I installed belts in my '61. They probably do more for my peace of mind than actual effect in case of a crash. What I fear most is the belt holding me in place, while the front seat rips off the floorboard and flies forward.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

David Greenburg

My '59 has belts, and I share your concerns.  Although I think the greater danger is that without them, its pretty easy to get thrown out of the car, so I use the belts. 
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

quadfins

I agree completely. Anyone in my car must wear belts. Better something than nothing.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

D2

Hi All,

When I purchased the 60 eldo this past summer it didn't have belts.  Felt very strange getting in and driving away without seatbelts, especially in those bucket seats.  They were installed in early Sept and now feel much more comfortable driving the car.

Dennis
Dennis Dascenzo
1960 Eldorado Biarritz
1970 DeVille Convertible
Director - West Michigan Region

60eldo

Now that we ve got all the political correctness out of the way,,,,they didnt come with belts so feel the freedom of not being STRAPED IN,,,   ENJOY,,,,YOU VE GOT A TON OF STEEL INFRONT OF YOU
Jon. Kluczynski

linchero

you got that right  over two tons facing you check it out its massive.