News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

40 LaSalle transmission overhaul

Started by Hammond, November 22, 2012, 03:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammond

I am servicing the transmission on my LaSalle 5019.  It is noisy and leaks like a sieve.  It is my intent to completely disassemble the transmission and replace all bearings, seals,and gaskets.  From what  can see of the gears they look pretty good - no burrs or other damage.  I am looking for guidance in a couple of areas:
1.  My manuals do not provide a fully detailed schematic of the transmission.  I does show gear placement but does not detail washers, thrust washers, etc. Can  anyone provide me with an on-line source  or e-mail a comprehensive diagram <hammond1@shaw.ca>?
2.  I can obtain new washers locally but not the seal that goes on the end of the extension housing.  Can anyone provide me with a source for this seal?
3.  I would like to replace the worn cork seals that go on the end of the shifter shafts and the ends of the idler and counter shafts with rubber "O" rings.  Can anyone tell me what size of "O" rings would be best to use in these two applications?
4.  Chances are the lock rings will need replacement.  I haven't checked locally for a source yet, but if any can provide me with one I would appreciate it.

Thanks for reading and for any information provided.

Gary Hammond, Lockport, Manitoba, Canada
Member 25624

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500