News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Bad Experience

Started by Joe Bergeson, November 26, 2012, 10:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bergeson

Question and comment.  I am a new member and have read the rules of the forum and do not wish to make disparaging remarks about a vendor.  I am pretty easy to get along with as a whole but just went through an interesting experience in buying some door sills for my 41 coupe.  I ended up buying from a vendor in Nevada on eBay.  In the process I found him to be arrogant and a real Smart A--.  Bottom line, not a very fun experience as it became apparent he doesn't need my money and I sure don't plan to spend one more red cent with him.  He appears to be an owner or businessman serving his own needs rather than the needs of his customer.  Anyone else have this experience or just me?  First time I have dealt with this in redoing my 41.

Please contact me via PM for further information.
Joe B

R Schroeder

Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.
Roy

Fred Pennington 25635

I have found him to have allot of rare parts, at a premium price
But I only deal with Tony he has helped me out a couple of times

Fred Pennington, CLC 25635
1940, LaSalle 5019
1940 LaSalle 5019 parts car
1968 Ford Bronco
1973 Mustang Convertible
2012 Shelby GT500

soonerinmo

What a shame; there are so many of us trying to start or maintain our small businesses with outstanding customer service...and you have businesses like these that inexplicably seem to excel with zero customer service. Maybe customer service isn't as important as most business owners think? :o
Brian Combs ><>

'67 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Sold)
'08 DTS

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Sadly there's no lack of mediocre parts vendors- which often seem to be the larger sized outfits.

Recently I needed a water pump for my '59 -sold now, alas :(  - from a well-known vendor in VA. In the interest of authenticity I went with a rebuilt original which was nearly 2x the same of a repro pump. Painted it blue (who wouldn't), had it installed and the thing immediately began leaking. I wanted to return the pump for a refund, incensed that I was out $125 for labor and was not about to take the same chance again- as there's no refund for labor. They disputed, whined and complained saying they don't issue refunds for a part once it had been installed! How am I supposed to know the part is good without installing it?? To add insult to injury, they also complained I painted the pump blue- as if to provide another excuse not to issue the refund. I just about lost it with these idiots. "Anybody putting a water pump on a '59 Cadillac is going to paint the pump blue! Not only am I out $125, but I also wasted $10.00 worth of paint." Still they refused so I promptly called my CC company who reversed the charges. They didn't even bother to contest it.

Sorry for rant. Onward.... 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

C.R. Patton II

Hello Joel

Welcome to our club!

I apologize for the unfortunate experience. Please remember that every LaSalle and Cadillac manufactured was designed to be wonderful, but just like humans not all of them are fantastic.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Dave Shepherd

A good reason to use a charge card so you have some recourse with a dispute on products or service.

R Schroeder

As for me, if they don't take a credit card , I don't deal with them. Period.
It is so convenient to call the card company instead of arguing with them.
Roy

Joe Bergeson

Thanks all.  Sorry to hear it is not just me but at least made me feel better by complaining.  Resulted in some good counsel and tips too!  Life goes on.
Joe B

Richardonly

Hello,

If it was Name and Business Name deleted, I can understand!!!

My last purchase was for a temp sending unit for a 1948 346ci flathead.  Cost about $145.00 and have been told that they can be bought new for about 40.00 elsewhere (after the fact, but I needed it.)

Installed it, didn't work and returned it for an exchange.  He called from NV to tell me it did not look like it had been installed, so how did I know it was bad?

Anyway, he agreed to send me another and asked if I needed it rushed out, which I did not.  Normal shipping was fine.  TWO weeks latter, having NOT received the part, I called again to find out it had NOT even been sent yet.  (Hoping I would forget a $145.00 part?)

I did receive it, but now just have it as a spare as I found another new one for 15.00 and installed it while I was waiting.  Does their repalcement work???  I'll let you know in another 64 years!!!!

When I 1st received the part, it was a bit different from the original, so I called to question if it was correct.  (Name Deleted) answer was another question........." How old is your car?"  64 years was the answer.  " So what do you want?"   CLICK!!!!  Called back and told him and the company to go "FRY" themselves!

I have been told on THIS forum, he treated me well!!!!!!  WOW!!!

Richard

Business name identification deleted by Moderator.
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle