News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2003 CTS Moonroof Problems

Started by Matt CLC#18621, November 29, 2012, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

This morning I found the moonroof in the tilt-open position. No matter how I turned the “rotational” switch to various positions nothing happened.

Later this evening, the moonroof was 1/2 opened. Again, the “rotational” switch did nothing. As I began driving, the moonroof would close in small steps and eventually returned to the tilt-open position. Also, all the electronics changed from English standard to metric standards?  Is the car possessed or a tired 150,000 ready for salvage yard?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt
CLC# 18621

Matt CLC#18621

Went to Cadillac of Mahwah, ordered new moonroof switch, decided to let Service Department install moonroof switch, Service Tech determined the original switch was not connected properly and the switch was in backwards.

The moonroof now operates properly, I didn't need a new switch (for now) and after an hour and half with Service Department, I was not charged, rather I received an apology for the difficulty I was having.

WOW!!!

(NB: Cadillac of Mahwah purchased the assets of Brogan Cadillac of Ridgewood.)

Matt CLC#18621