News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A-5 compressor clutch bearing

Started by henderson, November 30, 2012, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henderson

Greetings: I have requested a rebuild of an A-5 compressor, however the bearing noise from the clutch assembly appears to be too rough, I sent back the compressor for another look see to the rebuilder.
Has any one had the same experience of a loud  clutch bearing?? ie.. if bearing noise is acceptble,I wonder about the over all quality of rebuild.
Thanks

LeRoy DeVol

You paid for a rebuilt compressor so you should get a new clutch bearing at no charge. I hope the co who rebuilt your comp. will stand behind there guarantee.

Lee DeVol

J. Gomez

Quote from: henderson on November 30, 2012, 03:33:38 PM
Greetings: I have requested a rebuild of an A-5 compressor, however the bearing noise from the clutch assembly appears to be too rough, I sent back the compressor for another look see to the rebuilder.
Has any one had the same experience of a loud  clutch bearing?? ie.. if bearing noise is acceptble,I wonder about the over all quality of rebuild.
Thanks

What year is yours? A5 compressors extends from 1955-1961 with several versions.

Is the noise present with the clutch disengaged? There would be a slight noise however a loud noise/grounding would indicate something is not right.

I second Lee’s comments the shop should had replace the pulley bearing.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082