News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

346 engine spark plugs washers / gaskets

Started by dlevy, November 30, 2012, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlevy

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get the spark plug crush washers / gaskets for a 1941 346 engine?  I have about 350 AC-104 sparkplugs wrapped in cosmoline, but none of them (that I opened ) have the washer. I have tried on-line and the local shops for the 10mm washers, but no one seems to have them.

And guidance here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

Andrew Armitage

My father, Ed Armitage, has a small stockpile for personal use but is willing to let a set of 8 brand new 10mm spark plug copper crush washers go.  $15 plus shipping for a set.  Drop him an e-mail at e_armitage@yahoo.com if you're interested.
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

pauldridge

Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

Jeff Hansen

Although not listed on their website currently, I have purchased spark plug gaskets from The Brillman Company when they vend at Hershey.  See www.brillman.com .   Perhaps an email or phone call to them would help you.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

kkarrer

You could also use copper crush washers available from several different sources including Harbor Freight.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

These old AC-104 plugs look good and I wanted them on my 40-60S.  I bought a set off of eBay and installed them.  I was dealing with a host of start up issues when I installed these so did not notice that the plugs were a problem.  One night while the engine was still running I happened to open the hood and there were sparks flying everywhere.  Apparently the insulators on these old plugs had failed.  I removed them and installed a new set of M8's.  The engine ran much better.  If you use these plugs I would check there performance very carefully.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

dlevy

Hi All Who Responded Above,

Thank you very much for your offers, info, and support.  I was able to find them at www.sparkplugs.com (http://www.sparkplugs.com/SearchResults.aspx?kw=y678)

They have the crush washers/ gaskets for $0.25 each.

Regards,
Dave