News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 heater question

Started by kkarrer, December 05, 2012, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Does anyone out there have some pictures of the heater control switch for a 1941 car?  My car does not have the underseat (deluxe) option.  The heater mounts on the inside of the firewall and operates as a heater and defroster and has three doors.  One has two holes in it where the Cadillac emblem was probably mounted.  There's an electrical harness about 18" long that goes from the fan motor to a switch.  I also have a plastic mount for that switch that has heater/defrost raised lettering on it.  My question is where/how does that plastic part mount?  I thought it would be under the dash near the glove box, but I'm not sure and a photo would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

pauldridge

Ken,

Not sure if this is helpful, but my own heater controls 1940 60S are mounted on the LEFT side of steering column under the dash.  Mine Does have the 'deluxe' underseat heaters, so there are two hi-lo switches, one for each side.  Can provide a pic if useful

Phil
Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

steve340

Yes, it goes just to the left of the steering column. I have the same heater switch on mine.

kkarrer

Phil,
     Thanks.  I looked in the authenticity manual and found that's what they said as well.  There's confusion there by the way as to where/which side of the speedo the turn indicator lights on and where the beam/headlight indicator is and whether it lights on high or high and low.
Thanks,
Ken