News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

need correct paint on 41 60 special fleetwood engine

Started by mr41cadillac, December 06, 2012, 10:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr41cadillac

as part on engine rebuilt i need to know the parts of the engine and compartment that are green and parts that are black . i am using the bill hirsch paint. is water pump housing black are metal vac. lines black etcetc thanks all john

A. Amman #15293

John, your engine block, intake manifold, oil pan, water pump, fan pulley should all be Cadillac green.  The vacuum lines should be plated in zinc or cadmium and appear metallic.  The fan, spark plug wire towers are eggshell black, exhaust manifold is porcelainized and black.  Breather on dipstick I have seen either green or black, starter and generator are black as is the air cleaner.  Inner fenders and firewall are generally body color.

A. Amman #15293