News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Replacement or NOS 6 volt heater fan motor suppliers

Started by A. Amman #15293, December 07, 2012, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A. Amman #15293

Does anyone know of a source for these motors?

Thanks,

A.Amman #15293

LeRoy DeVol

Napa Auto Parts has a selection of fan motors both 6 & 12 volts. Sometimes you have to do some modification to make them work for your application. The most common problem is factory motors ground thru the motor housing & with a simple test you can determine which wire it takes connected to the hot wire to make the motor run the right direction. After you do this you ground the other wire to the housing.                Lee DeVol             

PS. I just read your post about your problem with your motors & i realized that you have the two motors under the seat of a early Cad. I had the same problem with my 47 Cadillac and bought 2 motors for a Studebaker truck with 1/4" shafts from Napa. They were about 3/4" longer and the fans ran out of the shroud. I solved this problem by installing spacers under the fan housing to give me more clearance for the longer motors & everything looks stock from the top.   
Lee

A. Amman #15293

Thanks, Lee!  I will go to NAPA and see what they have.

A. Amman #15293

Martin Michaels

try Eddie Jones for these motorsI have bought plenty of parts from him,he is honest reliable and reasonable.He is first on my list to purchase vintage parts. His numbers are phone# 612-558-2629 address/ 3308 46th ave. south,minneapolis MN.55406 good luck. Marty
Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White

A. Amman #15293

Thanks, Marty; I appreciate the lead.  I was wading through Hemming's earlier today and saw this fellows ad interestingly enough.
As soon as I hear back from the repair shop as to whether or not the repair is feasible and or affordable, I will start making calls.

A.Amman #15293