News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Nadeem Kahn's SO

Started by Matt CLC#18621, December 28, 2012, 04:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

I find it amazing that the GM (Cadillac Division) took the time to designate every part on the car SO 50 110, I'm lucky if I can get my EA to photocopy correctly.

I really enjoy following NK’s odyssey. I hope the SO tag turns up, probably on the barn floor or sitting on some garage’s shelf, why would someone take time to remove?

Matt
CLC#18621

David King (kz78hy)

There are always several cars being built at the same time, so to keep all the parts and costs separated accurately, those numbers are placed on all parts for the special builds.  When the pile of parts show up, they look like just of bunch of parts and the people putting them together would not be able to tell if they were right or not for the given car they are building.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

N Kahn

Quote from: Matt CLC#18621 on December 28, 2012, 04:54:37 PM
I find it amazing that the GM (Cadillac Division) took the time to designate every part on the car SO 50 110, I'm lucky if I can get my EA to photocopy correctly.

I really enjoy following NK’s odyssey. I hope the SO tag turns up, probably on the barn floor or sitting on some garage’s shelf, why would someone take time to remove?

Matt
CLC#18621

That elusive SO plate, I wish I had a clue as to where it went, still I'm thankful that GM still had some paperwork on the XP designation of this car.

Maybe by some miracle the plate and hubcaps will be together in some cabinet somewhere.

David King (kz78hy)

I still believe the body tag would be the XP number as that was the build/asset number the car was know by.  The rest of the assembly stuff was clearly ordered under SOxxxxx
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Quentin Hall

Who is to know, but there is every chance that the plate was removed by Cadillac prior to it being given/sold to Walter Hagen. There may have been some legal proviso or reason that so few Cadillac show cars were allowed into the public domain. I can understand why some of the non running prototypes were (regretably) deemed best destroyed by management. Perhaps because Nadeem's 61 was an otherwise roadworthy vehicle it fell into a grey area as far as what to do with it afterwards. It would appear that the car was otherwise very complete and never tampered with other than a repaint at some stage.
           Now if I could just find some SO engravings on my 57 today, it would be great. . . it does have a great big bullet hole in the front fender that hit the ss wheelarch mould and ricocheted into and through the inner fender. Can put my finger thru it so maybe Elvis or Clint owned it. Q 
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Matt CLC#18621

Nadeem,

If you have an opportunity, and wouldn’t mind, could you repost all the paper documentation, I cannot seem to find.

Thanks,

Matt
CLC# 18621

N Kahn

Matt CLC#18621

Thank you Nadeem

Sincerely,

Matt
CLC#18621