News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Convertible top wiring. Need some help if you can?

Started by 98moveing, January 04, 2013, 12:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98moveing

Well i have a ASC 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Biarritz. My top wiring has a short in it. I go to press the button for the top and it won't go up or down. Well i check the top motor it's good. I check the relys in the back they are good. The switch check out good. So i started to check the wiring going from the relys in the back. And i found that, in the wiring that the light blue wiring has a positve current in it. And it shoud be negative.I think that's how they activate the relys in the back for the top, when the windows go down. So the help i need is how is the wiring done under the dash? Because that how far i have got. I did fine a green box so far under the dash, i know it's tie in with it. But i'm still looking for the main wiring to it. I know it tie in to the windows. Well i know how it works is when you hit the down button the windows go down first then the top. I just want it to work like factory that all. Any help wood be good!  And has any body have the same problem and did you find an fix for it? I know i can bypass it and run it straight to the top motor. And it wood work. But like i said just want it factoy.

Thanks
98moveing