News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

General questions - '54 60S

Started by RobertM, January 04, 2013, 10:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Hi all,
I'm doing alot of reading right now, trying to learn as much as possible.  I have a million questions, mainly general in nature right now.  I'm sure I'll have many many more when I finally get to sink my teeth into this car.

For instance, I'm very interested to learn the history of my car.  I've seen numerous references to body numbers and vin numbers.  Here on the CLC, I found a resource to read the codes on the body plate at THE CADILLAC COLOR, UPHOLSTERY & ACCESSORY DATABASE 1940-1979 at: http://www.rrrclc.org/color_database.htm.  Is there also a reference that shows what day the vehicle was built, or to where it was delivered, or possibly anything about original or previous owners? 

Seeing as i was able to get this car road-ready so quickly, I've decided on a course of action.  Next spring and summer, I plan on enjoying it, attending some shows and tending to some small but necessary details (heater, wipers, antenna, etc).  Next fall, the engine will come out and then the real fun starts!  I'd like to start stockpiling parts now, a bit at a time as my pocket allows.  Any suggestions on what i should be looking to get would be greatly appreciated, as well as recommendations on where to go. 

Thanks, Bob

Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA