News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Just purchased my first ever Cadillac from Joe Cutler - a 1949 Series 62 Sedan

Started by MB49Caddy, January 06, 2013, 09:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB49Caddy

:) I am so excited! This car is so fantastic!!!
I will be learning a great deal from all of you and look forward to being part of this community.
Happy New Year!
Regards,
MB
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Jeff Maltby 4194

Welcome aboard MB.

I purchased my 49 sedan (same color as yours) in 1986 from Franktown, Colorado and enjoyed the drive back to calif. Mine had hydro windows also.

Got caught in the snowstorm coming into Ely, Nevada :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

MB49Caddy

Holy cow, I can't imagine driving a 64 year old car in the SNOW!!!  :o

Would love to speak to you about a few things if you get the chance. Drop me an email at mbracing2@earthlink.net and I will give you a call when it is convenient to you.
Thanks for the welcome and it looks like it is going to be a long-term relationship with this one.

MB
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Davidinhartford

Congrats on your purchase!     Be sure to post more pics when you can.   :)

C.R. Patton II

Hello Mr. Brown

Welcome to the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Message Board!

Your car looks fantastic. Please join our national organization and a region near your home to enjoy all the benefits of club membership.

We look forward to seeing your car and meeting you at the Grand National in Boston this summer.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

harry s

MB, Congrats on your purchase. I was at Joe's a couple of months ago and looked at the car. It is a very nice original car that will deliver lots of enjoyment. Hopefully you can attend the Grand National this summer.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

MB49Caddy

I already have! CLC # 27715

Will be joining the Nat'l Cap Region in the Spring!

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and I figured this community was small enough that someone would know the car.

I look forward to meeting you all at many future events. I would love to come to the Grand Nat'l, but we have a trip to Disney planned this year so not sure on that one yet but it looks like it is going to be a bunch of fun!

Regards,
Matt

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on January 07, 2013, 09:10:36 AM

Hello Mr. Brown

Welcome to the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Message Board!

Your car looks fantastic. Please join our national organization and a region near your home to enjoy all the benefits of club membership.

We look forward to seeing your car and meeting you at the Grand National in Boston this summer.

MB49Caddy

Quote from: David Smith on January 07, 2013, 08:01:11 AM
Congrats on your purchase!     Be sure to post more pics when you can.   :)
David. Here are a few more from my first drive tonight. Awesome. This car takes you back in time when you get in it like it is a time Machine. Simply amazing. So huge it is a little like driving a bus, but very very cool.

Richardonly

Matt,

Good luck with your beautiful car and enjoy the many questions and new friends you will meet because of it.

I know Joe through the CLC , have done business with him on some very small parts and sat with him at a couple of shows.  I do NOT know this car, but it looks like a beauty.

Once again, best of luck.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

Matt,

I understand you chatted with Blaise at Rickenbaugh today.

Joe got the car from Ray Dravesky a RMRCLC member here in Colorado. You can find him under Dave Gloss in the National directory if you want to chat with him about the car.

jw
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series

MB49Caddy

I did indeed. Thanks I will give him a call soon to discuss the car...thanks. As expected quite a small and connected community.

MB49Caddy

I spoke with him today. What a tremendous guy. Too bad we don't live closer to each other. I would be spending some time in his garage! Learned a lot about the car from him. Great stuff - thanks!!!
MB

49caddyman

Matt:  I'm so happy that you're satisfied with "The Empress", & welcome to the CLC "family".  I had a lot of fun moments with this '49, including playing "chauffeur" for a young lady in R.I. who got married & wanted to be delivered to the church "in style"!  Many CLC members have told me I let this car go at too low of a price, but that's of lesser concern to me than seeing it go to a wonderful loving home, as this car's evidently been accustomed to all its life.  I miss Her, but am so excited about getting my sweet little 1937 Packard 3-window coupe back home that I regretfully parted with way back in 1993!  I wish you the best with your new acquisition, & hope to see Her again someday at a GN Meet.  You should really try to attend ours in Quincy, Mass. this August.  Shucks...you can go to Disneyworld ANYTIME!  A GN is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!  Think it over seriously!
   I'd also like to thank everyone for their kind comments; much appreciated!  Joe Cutler