News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Trim Code 95

Started by Caddy Wizard, January 07, 2013, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

Anyone else have a 1956 Cadillac with Trim Code 95?  My 60S, previously owned by Jeff Miller, is the only one I have ever heard of with that special order plain beige broadcloth interior.

Anyone else?

Art G
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Art,
Just checked my 60 MPB. Code 95 is an available standard option. If it was SO it would show SO & the SO #. It may well be a rare choice, but that's all.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

dplotkin

My 56 60 Special is a code 70, (Grey Bombay cloth) with light grey broadcloth instead of leather by "special request" I have the Broadcast sheet showing it. Car was sold new in Minniappolis. Cloth must have felt better in the cold!

Dan
56 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Starlight silver over Dawn Grey)
60 Buick Electra six window
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
61 Plymouth Savoy Ram Inducted 413 Superstock
62 Pontiac Bonneville Vista
63 Chevy Impala convertable
63 Ford Galaxie XL fastback
65 Corvette convertable 396
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Dan,
Could you post a pic of the broadcast sheet?  I'm not sure what that is.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

dplotkin

I'll get that to you tomorrow.

Dan
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Caddy Wizard

Well, the trim code 95 might not be considered a true "Special Order" by some, but it was a rare option that apparently was discontinued part way through the year.  Some specs don't even list it as available.  In fact, the previous owner (Jeff Miller) had a hard time convincing some folks that the trim even existed in 56! Anyway, I don't mean to argue that it is truly a "Special Order".  That designation is not important to me, one way or another.

What I do want to find out is does anyone else with a 56 have a trim code 95 car?
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

Jeff Maltby 4194

DP. Was it sold from "Warren Cadillac" in Minneapolis ?

Jeffo
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

dplotkin

Looks like the dealer is a mystery, but the car went to the authorized Cadillac distributor in Minneapolis. They had middle men in those days. What a deal for him, since they sold every Cadillac they could make.

My materials are in .pdf format & I cannot figure out how to post copies of the two pages I want to show you, maybe I can snap a picture of my hard copies & post that, I'll try to do that Wednesday. In the mean time, this is what the two papers say about my car:

Reading from the "Cars Built-Cadillac Motor Division" report, the outlet code, which I assume is the distributer MPL. In the far right hand column marked "remarks" is SPR, for special request.

Reading from the broadcast sheet/shipping sheet "00-70 except substitute 1139-T-156 LT Gray broadcloth instead of white leather SR-56-M-50 code 60.
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Walter Youshock

All broadcloth interiors were available for the 60S for years.  Catered more to the formality of the car itself as the "personal limousine".  A lot of funeral home cars had the all cloth options to match the Series 75 they may have also had in the garage.  The cloth/leather combos were more popular, though.  The '56 60S had like 14 "standard" interiors to pick from.  I did see one with green leather bolsters and black leather inserts.  That was an "SO" interior.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

dplotkin

Here is the paperwork on my car. While leafing through the ordering guide it is clear that there were myriad combinations available, including "custom" orders. They encouraged harmony among interior & exterior colors but it seems that if you had the money, you could have a Cadillac the way you wanted it. Today we get maybe 6 colors all variations of gray and silver with two interiors. Too bad.

Dan
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Maltby 4194

My 49 was sold new through Warren, as I have the oem owners ID card with Warren lic plate frames.

Maybe we can decipher something from my broadcast sheet ?

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

c hillegass

Art,  You asked about other 1956 series 60s with a number #95 trim code.  My car is not a match,
         its trim code of #91 which I figure to be grey wool broadcloth.
         By the Data plate the car has #18 Camelot grey exterior paint and accessory codes E, H, Y and
         and an R off to the side.
                The most interesting thing I found with-in your provided  info is that my body # is 14765
         only 10 off from yours.  According to GM heritage my car was made june 1955 if the build sheet is
         to be believed.  The outlet code is PIB which is Pittsburgh PA.  There is no way to determine the
         original selling dealer.
                 Back when I sent away for my info packet, they included 19 cars data on the same sheet.
          but I understand , you only get your own now- a pity, since your car and mine might have been
          born on the same day!  Thanks for a good topic-   Charlie CLC #14462

Caddy Wizard

Here is a little more information about the limited availability of trim code 95 material.  Very interesting...

Art
Art Gardner

Walter Youshock

Very interesting.  I think I've seen only one of each example of the two discontinued DeVille interiors.  That Bombay cloth didn't hold up very well but had a unique look.  If Cadillac discontinued 2 interior options today, they'd be down to ONE!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Charlie CLC#18187

Getting back to the question Jeff asked of Dan about the selling dealer of his Sixty Special:  I sold the car to Dan.  Tonight I was looking through the file on my '56 Coupe deVille.  In it, I found some pics of the Fleetwood from maybe two owners ago.  Lo and behold, the car had "Warren Minneapolis" license plate frames front and rear, and they look like period pieces.  Unfortunately, they were not with the car when I bought it.       

Charlie
1956 Coupe de Ville

dplotkin

Charlie, who was that, a dealer?

Dan
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
68 Chrysler New Yorker