News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

This seller know alot about his car.....

Started by 936CD69, January 07, 2013, 06:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

936CD69

1. The headline...... "1978 cadillac fleetwood brougham all original runs and drives"

2. The descripition....... "1979 cadillac fleetwood brougham all original , No dents very little surface rust on the drivers side , Over all in very good condition , Interior is in very good condition as well .It has the am/fm/8track/CB radio...  and all other options .  The vinyl top has sun fade .  This car has the 425 bigblock with 136,000 miles ........."

3.The car.......
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

mgbeda

To the tune of "One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash..

"It's a 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 automobile"

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Davidinhartford

No doubt the seller just looked on the drivers door jamb sticker and saw the build date.   A 1980 Cadillac could certainly have a Sept-December 1979 build date.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Hankk17

a lot of times it's just a family member trying to get rid of grampa's pride and joy after he dies and most of them don't have the first clue about Caddies or cars in general.  I've seen these kind of listings more than once.

These type of sales can turn out to be nice little gems too.. well worth checking.  I once chased down a '76 DeVille that the owner insisted had a seized engine because every time he tried to start it the starter turned slower and slower and slower and then it just stopped trying to turn and made a clicking noise.

I negotiated a price of $600 beforehand, went down to see it with a battery, checked the fluids plopped the battery in and turned it over and drove away much to the surprise of the owner. 
Wherever you go... There you are

R Schroeder

There was one near my house a few months ago. the guy was selling a 79 Cadillac , but kept advertising it as a 78. I emailed him about it , and he said the title said 78. I told him that something was wrong ,big time if that were true.
After a few e-mails I gave up and he just kept advertising it as a 78 anyway.
It was a nice 79 too.
Roy