News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Yahoo Group for Early V8 Cadillac enthusiasts!

Started by Michael Barnes, January 07, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Barnes

Friends: I own a 1924 Cadillac V63 Touring which I am currently restoring. For some time I have envied the camaraderie and helpful sharing of information, photos and resources on Yahoo sites like EarlyCadillac and BrassBuick. With the help of the list owner of those sites I have started a group for the Cadillac models spanning 1915 to 1929 -- when the Standard of the World was powered exclusively by V8 engines. Please check out the site, join it, and participate actively in it! Owners of nickel-era cars need to be more connected, and I hope this site goes some way to provide that connection. Sincerely, Michael Barnes, Coquitlam, B.C., Canada.

Check it out:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/EarlyV8Cadillac/

Bill Caddyshack

Mike, when did Cadillac put front brakes on cars? It looks like your have front braked and my 1920 does not.

Bill

Carl Fielding

HI , Bill , me again. If you do not yet have a copy of Maurice Hendry's definitive "Cadillac , Standard of the World , ........etc." , order one up. Cadillac went to 4 wheel brakes in 1924. Among errata in my edition is a misidentified 1924 V63 phaeton. It is a yellow one in the picture gallery described as a 1923 61 touring. Below it is shown a blatant '27 identified as a '26. (I have the same problem with the registration of my '27- Oregon DMV is going to rectify this. My '24 was registered as a '25 when I bought it also). Conceivably the pic in "Hendry" may cause a moment of confusion. 1924 was not only the first year for 4 wheel brakes on Cadillac (quite good mechanical brakes for the era - I prefer mechanical brakes for these slow old cruisers) , but that year Cadillac also introduced the worlds first inherently balanced V8 engine. Read Hendry's chapter "Conquering The Continents". A true classic in automotive journalism. Call me anytime.  - Carl

Bill Caddyshack

Hello, Carl, I did just buy a copy of book you suggested. Thank you!

As you know I bought the 1920 Cadillac Touring car.

Need your help, there is a air pump operated by the cam. It pressurizes the fuel tank. It has a needle valve (similar to a carburetor needle) in a fitting in the air line. It should to have a spring holding the needle against the seat. My spring is gone and would like your expertise for me  to make, create or find the tiny spring?

Second request if you know someone who makes a carburetor kit for the Johnson carb on my 1920 / 59?

Here is my picture of my 1920, should it have black fenders? It has a very old restoration.

dochawk

Quote from: Carl Fielding on April 21, 2016, 03:22:34 PM
If you do not yet have a copy of Maurice Hendry's definitive "Cadillac , Standard of the World , ........etc." , order one up.

I was about to be amazed that I stumbled across this the day after I first heard of this book. 

And with amazingly similar endorsement.

And then I saw the name of the poster.

Hi, Carl.

:)

hawk (who saw Carl's copy last night)
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

Bill Caddyshack

I received the book from Amazon and the book is great! Thank you Carl. Less than $20!