News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

a few questions about 36 fleetwood 7529

Started by steve36, January 07, 2013, 11:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve36

ok since I'm new please have patience...

is mcveys best place for 1936 parts

what is widest whitewall i can put on 36 fleetwood and is coker only choice..they are pushing 4" and i see wider on the real acca cars

where can I find gauges..it appears that my clock gauge is a lighter color than speedometer

where can I find wiper arms and blades..mine are missing

what gas do I use ..premium ...regular..w flat v8

driving quarters are a little cramped..Im 6'3..I do notice that the front seat is overstuffed on seat cushion and back cushion..I can certainly have them thinned out to add a few inches of legroom and headroom ...any other suggestions

also seem to be missing the clock on back of partition

thats all for now

thanks

Steve Passmore

Hi Steve
Congratulations on owning a 36, sadly parts for any 36 are becoming increasingly difficult to find. McVeys do carry some thing but not much.
I have 4 1/2" lesters on mine but they were bought many years ago so I don't know if they are still available.
Your exact gauges will also be difficult, they are similar to 37 but darker, sounds like someone fitted a 37 clock, you could change the speedo to match? 37 dials come up on eBay many times.
Wiper arms are peculiar to that one year and were articulated in the middle, hard to find in any good condition. You may have to use a later type(37-40) they should still fit.
Cant quote on your fuel as I'm in England but any low octain will run these engines, ethanol aside.
I have had an 85 series with division and I know how cramped that is for someone your size, they didn't care about chauffeurs in the day. To reduce the seat cushion and back thickness will seriously reduce your comfort over any distance, beware of that. That's not just stuffing on those seats its springs too,  I don't think just reducing the stuffing will give you that much extra, you would have to shorten each spring as well or you'll feel the springs. Seat backs are built into the division and not the easiest thing to alter.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

harry s

Steve, I'm 6"1" and have the same problem with fitting into the driver comparment. That partician window takes up the room and as Steve P says there was not a lot of respect for the chauffer in the day. Regular gas is fine and it is a good idea to use an additive such as Marvel Mystery Oil to help lubricate the upper engine parts. When I got my car it had Denman tires and steered like a truck. I replaced the those tires with Firestone (4" WW) and the steering improved greatly. The other benefit was the build sheet stated the car came with the Firestone WW tires. AS for parts, ebay is the best place to watch. There were two fellows from LI, NY that were parting out a '36 last summer and had a lot of things for sale. I bought some parts and will try and find their contact info.  Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

R Schroeder

This place can redo your gages if you want to go that route. Maybe someone else has used them, and they can tell you if they are good or bad.
Roy

http://www.showcarquality.com/metalDials.htm