News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

41 60 special paint

Started by mr41cadillac, January 15, 2013, 09:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr41cadillac

im painting my 41 60 special engine compartment. the body is black. should the firewall be gloss black? HOW ABOUT THE SIDES AND THE BIG SHIELd OVER THE RADIATOR / gloss or satin?thanks john

kkarrer

John,
      If I remember correctly the authenticity manual says black satin for most underhood components, but the firewall is body color and so it should be the same color and finish as the body.  That's what I did on mine. I used a two part product for the black satin and it's holding up very well. I think it's called "Hot Rod," but I'll check if you want to call me this evening. I've seen some 41's at Nationals with gloss black on underhood parts so just be prepared for that.  The underside of the hood can be black or body color, but in your case that's not a problem.  Again, I used the black satin on the underside of my hood.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe
512-626-7268

mr41cadillac

thanks ken its painted looks good

kkarrer

Great! Shoot me a picture when you get a chance and let me know what paint you used.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe