News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1947 rear fender chrome or steel fender trim spars

Started by sfox77, January 21, 2013, 05:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfox77

Hello all, my 47 cad convertible needs some serious work on these trim pieces on the back fenders. My current originals are straight, but full of rust holes.

Is there a way to repair and re-chrome these?

Does anyone know where I can get some in better condition?

Thanks for any helps!

Steve

Bill Ingler #7799

Steve: You might take some close up pictures of the spears and send to Paul`s Chrome (hyperlink below)and get his estimate. If they are repairable, he will do a good job. he did a lot of my 47 chrome and I think one of my spears.  As for finding any better spears- good luck as this on a 47 convert as well as the door chrome moldings are very difficult to find in any shape. There was a man who advertised in Hemmings several years ago that he had made new spears for the 47. I stopped taking Hemmings so maybe someone who is taking Hemmings now can respond to you with his name ,if he is still in Hemmings. They were not cheap and I never saw a pair so don`t have any idea of quality.   Bill

http://www.paulschrome.com/

sfox77

Thanks Bill. That's what I need. I will send him some good photos.

Steve

Martin Michaels

Marty  CLC#26833
1947 6269  Cavern Green
1980 CDV D Elegance  White