News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 cadillac right mirror

Started by 1969cadillac, January 16, 2013, 06:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

hello - i have a 69 caddy deville and would like a right mirror for it

there is one listed on ebay for a 75 limo part no. 1494227

my question is - will it fit my car?

the correct GM part no. for the mirror for my car is  is 990842

thanks in advance

Murray Mules

76eldo

Here are two photos of a right side 1970 DeVille mirror.

Sorry that the mirror is dirty, this was taken on the first day I bought my car and it was a rainy day.

I took the photos because I never saw a Cadillac mirror with holes in the base like this.  My other cars that have passenger side door mirrors are all cable remote mirrors and mount to the door with two studs that pass through the door and two nuts and a bracket inside with the cable.  You have to remove the door panel to install or change them.

Looking in these holes, I see two Allen set screws, so I am assuming the bracket screws to the door and the Allen screws secure the base to the bracket.

I have been told this is a correct and rare mirror, and since 69 and 70 are almost the same car, this is probably what you are looking for.  There's one on ebay right now, but not in great shape.

Good Luck,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

76eldo

That's the one but make sure it has the bracket that goes on the door.

If its a kit it will have a template and mounting hardware.
If its a replacement mirror it won't have the mount or screws.

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

cadillactim

There were two RH mirrors used in 69-70. One has the two holes that are visible, like in the photo. The other one does not have the holes showing.  If you use a 71-76 mirror, the alignment of the mirror/door will be off.  Also, a 68 RH mirror is a different angle.  I believe the 68 mirror is fixed, you cannot adjust it. The 71-76 mirrors are cable controlled. And the 69-70 mirrors are adjustable by pushing on the glass. So see if the mirror is adustable by hand, and stays tight when you move it. If it is , then it is a 69-70 mirror. If a cable has been cut on a 71-76 the glass will be loose.  If the mirror is fixed, then it is a 68 mirror.

Tim
Tim Groves

Scot Minesinger

I have an incorrect right mirror on my 1970 Cadillac with cable and no holes.  It looks correct (you could drill two homes and it would almost impossible to tell).  A correct mirror is very expensive to buy even in bad shape, and is very expensive to re-chrome.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Steve W

I have a RH mirror on my 68 CdV and the mirror IS adjustable by hand.
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866