News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

79 seville: no power to driver's seat or trunk pull down,

Started by pacificnwrider, January 21, 2013, 03:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacificnwrider

I've tracked down what I believe is a lack of power supply going to the power seat and trunk pull down motor on my project 79 seville.  I've checked all the fuses under the dash, all working, is there anywhere else I should look for power loss? From what I've found looks like the orang/black stripe wire is the power wire in these areas? thanks!

waterzap

Do you have the factory manual?
The only way I was able to work on my car.
Leesburg, AL

bcroe

There is a manual, 1978 SEVILLE ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL.  Its Catalog No. S-1556. 
I managed to get one new from HELM, really good if you can find one.  Trying to fix these cars
without full documentation is near impossible.  There is another similar book for 1979 Eldorado. 

Bruce Roe

Gene Beaird

Greg, I'd verify you have no power getting to those circuits.  The seat adjuster on my 79 is a little lazy sometimes.  I'll move the switch and get nothing.  Move it again, then it works like normal. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

waterzap

I had a similar problem. It was the switch in the door. Cleaned that out, and works (mostly) now.
Leesburg, AL

pacificnwrider

I'll have a look at that.  that would be "best case scenario" me thinks!

waterzap

Disconnect the wires from the switch, touch them individually to the ground, see if the seat moves
Leesburg, AL