News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Jenkins interiors (not) closed

Started by 59eldorado, January 24, 2013, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59eldorado

Hi everybody,

just received the shocking news that Hill Jenkins had to close his business due to financial reasons. I ordered a complete interior kit for my 59 Biarritz for which he did receive the leather but couldn't finish... any suggestions concerning any shop to get my job done in Jenkins-like quality? Appreciate your help!

Georg
1959 Eldorado Biarritz
1965 DeVille Convertible
1967 Eldorado
2017 CT6

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Series75

WOW, glad I recieved my trunk liner kit 5 weeks ago for the 66 Brougham.  Very expensive ($800 delivered) and not a perfect match to original, its close enough.  Tom CLC#6866

rwchatham CLC 21892

I spoke with Hill Jenkins this morning, he told me that he is open for business.
R. Waligora

76eldo

Ray,

That's great news.

I may have found the other car you have been looking for on Philly's "Main Line", but it's a 64 Coupe, not a 59 or 60 Eldo.

It's an old white Caddy, on jacks since the 80's, but not the Eldo you mentioned.

I bought it and it will be for sale soon.  Needs brake system overhaul, but otherwise is extremely nice.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

59eldorado

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on January 25, 2013, 06:36:25 PM
I spoke with Hill Jenkins this morning, he told me that he is open for business.

very, very strange... it was Hill himself telling me by email and personally on the phone that his business had to be closed. My order had been confirmed December 2011 (!) and since last spring I heard nothing but excuses for postponing work on it while a down payment had long since been submitted...
1959 Eldorado Biarritz
1965 DeVille Convertible
1967 Eldorado
2017 CT6

Jeff Wilk

That is good to hear, but not so strange to me as i had this same experience with them two years ago.  They took my 59 trunk and headliner order, took my money up front, kept taking my calls over months and months, but no finished work.  Finally told me he was "having issues" but he will get to it.  Another club member who has had many interiors done there intervenes for me and called Hill and there was "no problem".  I got my order in a couple of weeks.

This is not their families main business at all. Times are slow for most, even for someone with a quality product like his. Maybe its back to working only for "who you know" or repeat customers.
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

rwchatham CLC 21892

Georg, I have no info on your interior situation. All I know is that I was suprised when I read your post so I called Hill to see what was going on. He told me that he was not closed and we talked about doing an interior on a 53 eldo for me. So I can only really that Hill told me that Jenkins restoration was still open.
R. Waligora

59eldorado

I spoke to Hill Sr. once again last Monday and received an email from Hill Jr. yesterday. They say they are getting ready to start over again with a smaller shop ("we had grown too big"), having enough upholsterers aboard to work on the jobs that wait to be done. I do hope mine will be finished soon since my work order dates back to December 2011 (!)...   
1959 Eldorado Biarritz
1965 DeVille Convertible
1967 Eldorado
2017 CT6

Series75

Sounds like buyer beware, mixed messaging is never indicative of strong business practices.   Tom CLC#6866

HILL JENKINS INTERIORS

Hello I am Hill Jenkins, President and owner of Hill Jenkins Interiors. Jenkins Interiors has been making the interiors for Cadillac & Buick since 1983. I have never closed the Interior operation, only the body, paint and engine department! Anyone needing a classic original interior for Cadillac & Buick please contact me @ 336-667-4282 w, 336-902-0717 c ,anytime! Thank you! Hill Jenkins.

quadfins

Title of thread updated 4-30-15 for clarification.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4