News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1935 CADILLAC IDENTIFICATION

Started by JC Boutin, January 26, 2013, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Boutin

I OWN A CADILLAC 1935 COUPE CONVERTIBLE IN A VERY GOOD CONDITION.
NEXT YEAR I PLAN TO MAKE A GROUND UP RESTORATION.
I WOULD LIKE DETAIL ABOUT THE DATA PLATE,

THANKS

JC BOUTIN
jcboutin@HOTMAIL.COM

HERE ARE THE INFORMATION

GENERAL MOTOR OF CANADA LIMITED

GM CANADA

OSHAWA            WALKERVILLE                    REGINA

1935                  MODEL   566C    ----    355 D

SERIAL         5   -  13000                   BU.    34-7

Warren Rauch #4286

Since no one has tried to answer your question, I will pass on what little I can. Your serial number is not part of the US made series ,but is a Canadian number.  You might do better adding Canadian  to your posted title . Another place to try would be McLaughlin Buick collectors, since GM bought them out in 1918 to form GM Canada.
  BU 34-7 is likely your build year and month, July 1934. This clubs LaSalle book says the LaSalles were built in Detriot and shipped to Oshawa,(Canada )nearly complete. Cadillacs were lower production so they would likely have been done the same.
  The 355D was used in the US for v-8 models of 1934-35. There are some sources that claim 1935's used 355E ,but I have not found any GM sources like that. GM did use series 10,20 and 30. You will need to know wheelbase and body maker (Fisher or Fleetwood) for this. Also look for the engine number it should be a US number, but....
  Model 566c is probably a Canadian thing.Warren