News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hank Williams last ride

Started by 52Cadillac, January 30, 2013, 07:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

The 53 Cadillac convertible is for sale in auto-roundup.com, maybe a member will purchase. A friend gave me the hard copy. Only $35k. If I had the fundage I might be tempted to have a look. Shes located in a museum in Hariman, Tn,  865-898-4200. The ad claims it was Hanks last ride. Didn't say he owned it, just rode in it? Anybody know of this car? Appears to be a good price, but without looking who knows. 8)
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Buster Miller

I think Hank Williams last ride was a 52 Cadillac in powder blue and is in the Hank Williams Museum in Montgomery, Alabama!!
He was found dead in the back seat New years day 1953!

Buster Miller

52Cadillac

Great article Buster.
Surely the seller must be mistaken. Maybe they meant it was Hanks last ride in Tennessee, and was to a museum there. Hehe. I would take a look even if I knew it wasn't Hanks last Ride.
SemperFiFund.org

Buster Miller

No doubt!! I would love to have a 53 convertible whether Hank had even been in the same state with it!!! But I bet it would take a lot more that 35 grand to take that powder blue 52 home with you!!!

52Cadillac

That was the advertised price asking 35,000. The small black and white pic looked ok.
Maybe a member will snatch her up and post up pics of me and him riding. Haha
SemperFiFund.org

Davidinhartford

I'm sure his "Last Ride" looked more like this. 

harry s

I think the car in question is the one used in the movie Last Ride.
http://www.thelastridefilm.com/
It belongs to Rex Wall the owner of the museum.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

52Cadillac

David's 100% correct.

Thanks for the info Harry. That should clear up the misunderstanding?

Still possibly a great price.
SemperFiFund.org

Buster Miller

Guess you could say Hank went out twice in a Cadillac!!

harry s

Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum