News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 Cadillacs in the Movies

Started by Makandriaco, January 30, 2013, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makandriaco

Hi, I would like to start this topic to identify all movies that feature a 59 Cadillac. It ocurred to me while watching an old movie on TV and I saw this teal Caddy.

The movie is "Walk like a Man", a 1987 film starring Howie Mandell and Christopher Lloyd. It was Lloyd's character's Car. This is the only picture I found with the vehicle.
1959 Series 62 4 Window Sedan

Always loved Cadillacs.

Makandriaco

"3000 miles to Graceland", a 2001 movie starring Kurt Russel and Kevin Costner. It features a beautiful red Coupe. I am not sure if its a 62 or a De Ville.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Makandriaco

Even though this is an animated film, and that the car only appears for a few moments, "The Iron Giant" features a red 1959 series 62 convertible.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Makandriaco

In this movie, Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges are two robbers that try to recreate a spectacular hit. In this movie there are a lot of cars, mainly a 73 Eldo convertible. But there we can see a dark, maybe black 6 window sedan in there. Is it a De Ville?

Always loved Cadillacs.

Makandriaco

How about this stunning red convertible? It is only appropriate for a movie that was presented in black, white and red.

Sin City, a 2005 film starring Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba amongst others.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A few that come to mind are In Cold Blood which briefly shows a white Biarritz; Deer Hunter (1978), white Coupe deVille and of course Tin Men (1987), '59 S 62 Convertibles- one black, one red and a Persian Sand '59 Biarritz.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Louis Smith

One of the best if you can endure to watch a beautiful '59 being destroyed is "Wise Guys"

Makandriaco

Thank you Eric. Found this “not so well taken care of” Coupe De Ville in “The Deer Hunter” as you said. This was filmed in 1978 with Robert De Niro.

I have been looking for “In Cold Blood” but can’t find the Biarritz, there is an old white convertible but it’s a Pontiac. I may not be looking in the right scenes so I will keep searching.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Makandriaco

ECTO-1. Of course Louis, thanks. How could I not start with “Ghostbusters” (1984) and “Ghostbusters II” (1989) where Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd drive a modified 59 Hearse/ambulance. (Could that be the equivalent of a modern Escalade?).

Always loved Cadillacs.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Makandriaco on January 30, 2013, 04:59:29 PM
Thank you Eric. Found this “not so well taken care of” Coupe De Ville in “The Deer Hunter” as you said. This was filmed in 1978 with Robert De Niro.

I have been looking for “In Cold Blood” but can’t find the Biarritz, there is an old white convertible but it’s a Pontiac. I may not be looking in the right scenes so I will keep searching.

If you come across a scene of two hitchhilkers, keep a sharp eye out. They refuse a ride offered by the driver of the Biarritz.

*Oh- Pink Cadillac with Clint Eastwood. Series 62 conv, pink of course. (Not Woodrose or Persian Sand though)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Ken Perry

Love potion #9 with Sandra bullock. Blue 59 6w sedan. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

jock82

"The Giant Gila Monster" an old science fiction movie from 1959 has a 59 coupe de ville and also has a 1958 Fleetwood  in it.

Guy Moore
CLC #12650
1989 Sedan de Ville
1994 Concours
2009 DTS'
1976 Olds 98 Regency

Guy Moore CLC# 12650

Davidinhartford

Harold and Maude,  of course!

Davidinhartford

Tin Men was chock full of Caddys

Davidinhartford

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Louis Smith on January 30, 2013, 04:42:41 PM
One of the best if you can endure to watch a beautiful '59 being destroyed is "Wise Guys"

Funny movie!     Gotta love Captain Lou Albano as "Frank the Fixer"   

"Don't touch the paint, don't touch the seats, don't touch the chrome"

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

Makandriaco

It's an interesting link Chris, but not complete by any means. I tried to search only for three of these films and found none of them. Never the less, I think its more interesting if people that actually saw the movies coment here.

Thank you for the link.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Ken Perry

The Hot Spot,with Don Johnson.  Pink fake convertible ! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

David Greenburg

Pink Flamingos, one of  John Waters' early efforts, features a '59 Series 75 among the various forms of excess in the movie.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special