News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

So dissapointed...

Started by gregm, February 12, 2013, 02:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregm

I have been looking on and off now for over 6 months. 1968 is my year and I want an Eldo and/or Coupe Deville Vert. I just have not been able to find the right combination of colors and condition...and last nite I found this...

http://www.carsforsale.com/find_a_vehicle/vehicle_details.aspx?vid=138975837

The exact car in the exact color combination that I want and, of course, its gone... growing up my uncle had the same car...could have been a 67...but that color combo...fair to say it left an impression...I want it bad... :-[
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

C.R. Patton II

Hello Greg

I understand how you feel. Remain positive and the right one will come to you!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

INTMD8

Yep, just be patient and don't settle for anything less than exactly what you want :-)

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Don't feel too bad. They always look better in pictures. There will always be another one.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I know how you feel.

It took me 8 years of searching to eventually find the '72 Eldorado Convertible I was looking for.   It had to have the TrackMaster Brakes.

I missed it the first time it came up on ebay, then was the high bidder twice more, and finally got it for less than the sellers' reserve.

All I can say is "Be patient".

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I do know of a pristine #2+ original '68 Coupe deVille with 21,000 miles that might be available. It is burgundy w/black roof with black leather. Not exactly what you're looking for but as I've said, it is absolutely mint original. The best '68 I've ever seen.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dave Shepherd

Greg, still searching, wow.  I will keep my eyes open from here,will let you know if anything pops,  conv or Eldo correct?   Dave

gregm

Quote from: Dave Shepherd on February 12, 2013, 08:07:49 PM
Greg, still searching, wow.  I will keep my eyes open from here,will let you know if anything pops,  conv or Eldo correct?   Dave

Yep...I got busy during the holidays and dropped the ball...I have been thinking about the George Kennedy Eldo in WI...going to see if any members in Milwaukee area willing to take a look.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Gene Beaird

Patience, Grasshopper.  You will be rewarded! 

;D

Like others, I _finally_ got the 79 Seville I've been wanting to have in my collection....  since they were new!  And this one all but fell into my lap!

Keep looking!! 
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873