News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Has anyone purchased a system from Classic exhaust

Started by 60eldo, February 12, 2013, 06:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

I need an entire exhaust for my 60 Eldo and came across Classic exhaust in Ohio, anyone buy from them? Are they good? Or  can you recomend a good place, I want a system that fits,,and a good price,,,seems to be smokin a bit,,but its a new engine 0 miles,,,whats with that?
Jon. Klu

Doug Houston

I've bought two or three of Classic Exhaust's systems, and I like them. I had bought from the other guy, and while they ultimately fit the car, there was some finagling to be done for a good fit.

I now have their systems on a '41 Chevrolet, and (not yet installed) a Cadillac 39-90 coupe, and my 41-60SF. I prefer Cassic Exhaust. I always buy them in Stainless steel.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

P W Allen CLC# 20193

They ARE good and very helpful. When I was doing the exhaust over on my 53 with the Dynaflow (twin turbine), the exhaust pipes off the the engine are different from the Hydramatic cars. Another vendor assured me that they knew the difference, but sent me the wrong pipes anyway. THEN wouldn't make good for it. I turned to Classic Exhaust and they knew exactly what the difference was and sent me the correct pipes that fit like a glove. I also talked to Waldrens about it. He knew the difference but could not help me because he didn't have a pattern and didn't want to send me something that may not fit perfectly.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Art Director

Classic Exhaust has supported the CLC for many years with an ad each month in The Self-Starter. Please support those advertisers who support our Club!
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Gene Beaird

Johnny,

Is that blue smoke?  Or is it just steam, since it's probably pretty dang cold where you are now?  A new engine _can_ smoke a bit until the rings break in, but it depends on what rings you used and how well they were fitted to the cylinders.  Most modern rings, though, will seal up pretty quickly.

Another potential source for burning oil will be at the valve guides.  If the guide-to-valve stem clearance is a little large, you may get some oil getting sucked into the intake, especially at idle, where your vacuum is pretty high.  New/better valve guide seals may help here.

If it really is a zero-mile engine, then all it may need is to be warmed up well and driven a while.  There will be oil in intake and exhaust passages that may just need some time to burn off. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

60eldo

Hi Gene,,yes I agree, it seems like blue smoke and I havent driven the car yet, hopefully by spring, and yes I heard that I may need to drive it and put a load on her so the rings will seal, so far Im just starting her and letting her idle witch I here is not good either but its hard not to start it,, so I do start it and watch her with a beer in one hand and a glass of wine in the other and just imagine what summers gonna be like
Jon. Klu

R Schroeder

They also run an ad at the top of most every page at this site.
Roy

Bill Podany #19567

I have purchased two complet stainless steel systems for my 41 60S and 55 Eldorado; they fit like a glove and superior in quality.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado