News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 cadillac value?

Started by flathead39, February 12, 2013, 11:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flathead39

I just aquired a 1960 cadillac series 62 4dr "flatroof" sedan and i was wondering what a ball park figure on value would be on these particular models. The car is all original and in good running and driving condition. only needs minor cosmetic work. nothing major. anyone have any dealings with the flatroofs? also any issues these cars are notorious for? thanks for any info or advice.
                                                                                                                                     shane stanley
shane stanley

C.R. Patton II

Hello Shane

Congratulations on your recent purchase.

You have posed a good but difficult question to answer without an personal evaluation of your vehicle. However I will try to provide a rough estimation in the ball park.

On a scale of 1-6 with one as a near perfect trailer queen:
#6-Parts car
#5-2,200
#4-6,000
#3-12,200
#2-19,000
#1-27,000

I hope you a CLC national and region member to enjoy all the benefits of membership. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your car at our Grand National in Boston this summer.

P.S. I'd love to see that 5011 too!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

flathead39

thank you very much C.R. That gives me a very good idea. I would say the 60 caddy is a solid 2 or 2.5 on your scale. I hope you will get to see the 5011 !! I am getting ready to start a 100% correct frame off resto on the car. It is numbers matching and rare enough to justify spending the money on it to make it right. Can't wait !! :)
shane stanley

C.R. Patton II

Hello Shane

That is great!

Please post all the pictures on our restoration site. Thank you.

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

76eldo

Shane,

Congrats on getting a 60 Cadillac.  If it's a nice running car, maybe think about putting some miles on it before you dive into a body off restoration.  Maybe you could get away with some cosmetics and keep the car together?  It's just that they come apart so easily, but take years and triple your projected expense to get it back together.

Post some pics?

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

flathead39

Im not going to do a frame off on the 1960 caddy, its in good enough condition to do a mild "frame on" resto. :D Mostly just a little cosmetic. Biggest thing I will do would be a fresh coat of paint and maybe re-chrome the bumpers. The frame off resto will be on my 1939 lasalle 5011. :) Thats the one that will take a while because I wont settle for anything but the best fot it.
shane stanley