News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac Data Plate

Started by BJM, February 17, 2013, 11:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

What does this data plate tell a more knowledgeable Cadillac guy then me about this car?  i.e. what series, wheelbase, engine size, production, rarity.

Thanks

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/3595827206.html

Style Number 37-7519
Body Number 270
Trim No 4901
Paint Number 50  6W
Body By Fleetwood

Don Boshara #594

The car is a 5 passenger touring sedan on a 138" wheelbase, color black, brown pattern upholstery, dual side mounts, 346 cu. in. V-8, Fleetwood body, factory delivered price $2915. That compares with $1760 for the lowest price Cadillac sedan. The car is fairly rare and in my opinion would cost a ton of money to restore.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

BJM

Don
Thanks.  I just noticed the 75 in the trim tag and figured it had to be a higher end car.   I am mostly into Buicks. I last owned a 36 Buick Roadmaster and I want to say that wheelbase was 133".  That was a big car there, so 138" should make this a senior Cadillac.