News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Steering Wheel

Started by VooDoo, February 18, 2013, 01:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VooDoo

The steering wheel I have on my 6109 4 door is just the standard plain 3 spoke wheel with center horn button no horn ring. It's kinda messed up. I either need to replace it or fix it. I was wondering if anyone had a source for a new one or if the other GM steering wheels would fit being its just the plain 3 spoke about 18" in dia. I am looking for a economical option. Maybe even a different year cadillac? Any thoughts. I am not going for the bone stock original look for judging purposes if that helps.  Thanks
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

C.R. Patton II

Hello Andy

Wonderful to hear you are improving your Cadillac.

Contact CLC member Bruce Berghoff.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Bob Schuman

If you are happy to keep the plain three-spoke wheel, any imperfections can be repaired with epoxy, then repaint the wheel in a non-metallic brown like its original brown painted finish. Deluxe two-spoke wheels with the ivory plastic rim are more common, but also much more expensive if you want to go that route.
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

VooDoo

Any reccomendation on the type of paint for the wheel or will any automotive paint work?
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project