News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'69 Deville interior in a'66 DeVille?

Started by stratogeezer, February 20, 2013, 08:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratogeezer

Hi folks, I'm restoring a 66 DeVille. The interior is shot for the most part, possibly except for the burgundy leather seats.

Along time friend of mine who was restoring a 69 DeVille ran into some hard times and was unable to finish it. Essentially as a result, his complete interior and chrome are all sitting in a storage unit, and he's asking if I'm interested. His interior of his 69 is also burgundy.

Granted I am violating he laws of originality here. Regardless, how much of the interior components of a 69 DeVille would I be able to swap into my '66?

Thanks!
Rob Kaufman CLC# 27685 and Peach State CLC #181

cadillactim

Basically just the seats.  The 66 door panels are designed for vent windows, while the 69 does not have them. The 66 inside door handle works different than the 69, so the cut outs for the handles aren't the same.

Of course the dash is totally different.

Tim
Tim Groves

stratogeezer

Thanks, this helps. I assume I can get my original 66 dashboard recovered.

Any suggestions or recommendations on a vendor to help me recover the d-board?

Again thank you!

Scot Minesinger

It will be very diffcult to use much of the 1969 interior, especially the dash.  The 66 and 69 dash-door panel alignment are drastically different (might as well be Chrysler and Cadillac).  The back seat section may work OK.  If you switch years on the interior any saving on the lower cost 69 interior will be completely gone and beyond in labor if a good job is done.  Generally the 69-70, 67-68, and 65-66 groups have possible interchanges. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

stratogeezer

Gotcha, makes perfect sense. It's kind of a shame though....since this 69 interior kind of fell into my lap. But if I can't match it up, it's of no use. Thanks much.