News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz data plate help

Started by lowrider, February 24, 2013, 11:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowrider

HELP! Here is where I'm at, any help would be great!!

1957-6267 SX = 1957 Eldorado Biarritz

Body # 272 obviously its 272 out of ?? 1800?

Trim 10 - ??

Paint 90 - Olympic white

Top 1 - white

ACC - EHK - Ez eye glass, heater, power windows?

What is the F7K?

I also think this car was a factory air conditioned car

Here is another data plate if anyone is interested to see it..
R Shaw

lowridercaddy@msn.com

Chris Conklin

The trim code of 10 is for black-and-white leather. You are correct, it was (is) an A/C car, accessory code K. As you noted, they made 1,800 Biarritz' in 1957. But the body number of 272 is out of the total production, not just the Eldos (meaning it was the 272nd Cadillac to head down the line, total of 146,841 cars built that year).

The F7K? Not a clue. There have been a few tags posted here with hanging numbers and letters on them. The F could be for fog lamps if it were in the accessory area, but I'm not sure they even posted that accessory on the tag at all. But there are a lot of members that know way more than I on trhis subject. You'll probably get some more answers soon.

Go to the CLC home page and link to Allied/Vaughan and order the build data for the car. It's worth the money.
Chris Conklin

lowrider

Great!!! I thought the vin dictated the production line sequence and not the body #.. I figured the FW body number 272 was out of the 1800 Eldorados built.. Good info thanks.. I will order that build sheet.. Thanks again
R Shaw

lowridercaddy@msn.com

Walter Youshock

The Eldorados were still lumped together with the rest of the series 62 line in '57 so the number is the sequential number for the entire 62 series. 

While heavily loaded with standard fog lamps, 6-way seat, power trunk, Sabre wheels, heater and radio, AC, tinted windows and Autronic-Eye were optional, as was the no-cost gold grille AND the "Q" engine. "K"is the code for air, "H" is heater and "E" is EZ-Eye glass.  "F" is Fog Lamps.  No record on what the 7 signifies.

This car came with the standard single-carb engine.  The "Q" engine was a no-cost OPTION on '57 Eldos and standard only on the Brougham and not available on the rest of the Cadillac line.

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
The VIN is  lumped together with the other 62 series cars. The body # on the data plate IS the  sequence of Eldo convertibles only. Each body style had its own body sequence. Mr. Shaw is correct.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

lowrider

Thanks so much for your help guys!! I found when I researched my 59 Eldorado SeVille there was much more information out there on all the data plate codes or should I say far more answered questions that I could google, I was just unsure if in 57 they were using different ones.. I appreciate you taking the time to look..
R Shaw

lowridercaddy@msn.com

J Kjerrulf

Two different opinions in one reply:
On a 1957 data plate there is a space after "Acc" for the major accessories that were of importance when assembling the car.
The "extra" letters/numbers (here:F7K) are generally punched far from the accessories. This undetermined code varies over the model year, and on a car that never has been altered or rebuilt you can find the code written in crayon on interior parts/under the dash. Why?

The letter K in "EHK" stands for Air Condition, I agree. But try to convince me that the letter K in "F7K" (in this case) also represents air condition, even if there were an additional rear unit in the trunk of this car.
It is more likely that the extra 1, 2 or 3 letter code represents the team assembling the interior, the trim batch itself or perhaps the internal code for the quality inspectors of the trim. On the ~60 pics of data plates I have gathered, I've seen letters alone or in combination with another letter/digit. The total number of different letters appears strictly limited but of course I haven't seen all data plates manufactured yet. Until verified this is just a theory, but still much more likely than this particular code being options mentioned twice and for some reason set apart from the Accessories field.
An educated guess is that if you find a Biarritz/Seville with trim code 10 the extra letters "F7" or "K" will be represented more often.
Am i right? I honestly don't know. ???

I would also like to add that this Biarritz could have been equipped with dual Carters as far as the data plate goes. This option is not visible on plate. Authentication is needed - or a check by the distributor on a matching number engine for the specific "Q" or "QK"unit code. Would be cool though, a loaded 1957 Biarritz doesn't appear often, and the data plate looks very genuine!
/J Kjerrulf
Eldorado Seville 1957

Blade

Quote from: lowrider on February 25, 2013, 09:17:57 PM
Thanks so much for your help guys!! I found when I researched my 59 Eldorado SeVille there was much more information out there on all the data plate codes or should I say far more answered questions that I could google, I was just unsure if in 57 they were using different ones.. I appreciate you taking the time to look..

Lowrider, can you please check your PMs or the post about the '59 caddy you're parting out, I posted a reply and also sent you messages that I would be interested in some parts but never got a reply.   - Thanks!

lowrider

My number is 1-(403)-689-7515 if you want to call and i will PM you..
R Shaw

lowridercaddy@msn.com

Quentin Hall

There was a  code breakthough for 53 Eldo tags . If I recall the codes for 53 relate to the group accessories for dashtops and carpets and trunk linings etc. I know that is not the definative answer but if enough post their tags we can possibly get a better idea.
My Biarritz is as follows
Body # 383 obviously its 383 out of  1800

Trim 19       Red

Paint 92 - Starlite silver

Top 2 - black

ACC - EHK - Ez eye glass, heater, aircond

ZK

It had a four barrel on but the dual quads were in the trunk. I should have checked the QK code on the block but will do that when I get a chance.   
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

rwchatham CLC 21892

The body number of 272 shows that it was the 272 eldorado built of 1800 not total production. The vin number will tell you what number it was out of the total production of all the cadillacs built that year.
R. Waligora

Paul Tesone

Thought I would raise this question again with the hope that someone else could provide some new insight about the 1957 data plates . Attached is a photo of my data plate . What do the "FW" after "Body No" & the "H7" under the body number represent ?? Thanks, Paul Tesone CLC #6876

57eldoking

A reference to the body having been built at the Fleetwood body plant?

1957 Eldorado Biarritz #906
1957 Eldorado Biarritz #1020 http://bit.ly/1kTvFlM
1957 Eldorado Seville  #1777 http://bit.ly/1T3Uo1c
1995 Fleetwood Brougham  http://bit.ly/20YwJV4
2010 SRX Performance

1946 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
1957 Buick Caballero Estate Wagon (x2)
1960 Chevy Apache 10 Stepside
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (x2)
1992 Pontiac Trans Sport GT

Walter Youshock

You're correct--Cadillac's Fisher-Fleetwood plant 21.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham