News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Lasalle front mat carpet photos anyone??

Started by bariman, February 25, 2013, 04:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bariman

Can you help me please?  I could use some pictures of the correct way to do the carpeting on the front floor mat for a 39 Lasalle.  Thank you.

Buchholz001@bellsouth.net

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Dennis... Contact Fred Zwicker ,CLC23106 from OH. He restored a '39 Las about seven years ago and did an in depth photo documentry on the details you're looking for . bb

C.R. Patton II

Hello Dennis

Splendid to read that you are improving your LaSalle.

As mentioned Fred Zwikker did a detailed restoration on his 1939 LaSalle 5067. His fantastic work received accolades and awards from our organization. Fred provided us with a pictorial description of the process. Go to www.fzoldcars.com

I look forward to meeting and seeing your finished product at the Grand National this summer in Boston.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Jim Stamper

I believe Fred told me he bought his from "Bob's Automobiana" (not spelled right I am sure). They are a Buick parts supplier in Atascadero, California and another location.  Their mats say " Fisher Body" , not Buick or LaSalle, but if you call them and tell them what your car is they will know what you want. Reliable folks. I bought mine for my 39 from them too, it is very nice.  You can probably see the mats online in their catalog.

Jim Stamper, CLC#13470

bariman

I have seen Fred's photos which are very good but they don't show the finished front mats.  I was hoping there might be some other photos

David Schumacher
1939 Lasalle 5019

bariman

Thanks for the help.  The original photo was particularly useful.

revgawright

How do you provide access to the battery box if you carpet the front floor?
G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!