News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What other auto make gas tank will fit my 52 Cadillac convertible

Started by 52Cadillac, March 03, 2013, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

Most of the tanks I've seen is in excess of 450 with shipping. Sometimes you can get an item a lot less expensively if it has another name on it. Is this the case? Who, and where?  Or should I bite the bullet for the full deal with straps and sender included from Tomsclassics on eBay? $459 inc shipping.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

R Sotardi #11719

I replaced mine for my 50 two years ago for $370 from a seller in  Isanti Minnesota Tomsclassics. I did not need the straps or sender.  On ebay  now for $350 + shipping. Ron

52Cadillac

Thanks Ron. That's the guy I was looking at. Just wondering if there was something out there a little less pricey. Ok, ordering her up this week.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org

The Tassie Devil(le)

I just picked up a used tank for my Ranchero and that cost me US$200.00, plus freight to Australia.

When it arrived, it was perfect inside.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Louis Smith

It has always been my observation, that it is better to pay extra for parts that are specifically designed and made for my particular year and model.  Better to spend the extra money, rather then jury rig another part, which might give you problems down the road in very short order.  Usually when that happens, you will end up getting the part you should have in the first place.  In the years of my "restoring" cars, it has been my experience to go with the best.

buicksplus

You might check with Tanksinc.com , they sell a wide range of new tanks for street rods.  Don't see 52 Cadillac on their list but I suspect you can find one with similar dimensions.  Their prices look reasonable.

Bill
Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

52Cadillac

Ordered tank from tomsclassics. Made for my car. Thanks. Most of other places either didn't have or were same price.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org