News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Special on Oil Filters UPF58

Started by waterzap, March 05, 2013, 09:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterzap

Just found a great deal on Rock Auto.
They have the Delco UPF 58 Oil filters for sale at 1.96 each. They fit many, many Cadillac models. My 78 Eldorado, 87 Deville and 97 Deville all take this filter.
This was the Delco high end filter, similar to Mobile 1, so around $12 each. They were made by Champion labs, same company that makes Mobile 1 filters (not the same as Champion spark plugs).
These filters did not sell well, so they were discontinued, so for less than $2 each, I think they are a bargain. I got my shipment yesterday. They are all Delco, in Delco boxes. Brand new.

I read stories that the UPF range was discontinued because they filter too well, and the filters got clogged. I don’t know about that, as you can still buy the UPF44 and UPF52 on Amazon. Apparently the Corvette people complained and they kept on making them.
I think the UPF58 just did not sell well and they discontinued them.

These filters do not have an anti drainback valve. I don’t think that’s an issue as the PF58, which was the original oil filter for these cars also did not have an anti drainback valve. Installed one on my 97 last night. No issues. With the filter sitting at the bottom of the engine, oil wont drain out of the filter anyway.
Leesburg, AL