Author Topic: Vinyl top restoration; paint it? dye it? options? how to?  (Read 871 times)

Offline pacificnwrider

• Name: Greg Douglas
Vinyl top restoration; paint it? dye it? options? how to?
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »
Has anybody had any experience with restoring their vinyl top? Mine is in really good shape with the exception that its faded.  I have looked online; there seem to be a lot of products available for either painting or dying a top.  I'm wondering if any of you guys have done this to your top and if so, what your experience has been?  THANKS!

Offline 66 Eldo

• Name: P. Kats
Re: Vinyl top restoration; paint it? dye it? options? how to?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:55 AM »
I Like SEM dye. For big jobs like a full vinyl roof or convertible top I prefer to get it in qt. cans and spray it with a gun. Your coverage is more uniform compared to cans IMHO.  You don't need a big compressor with a lot of CFM like when spraying a paint job on a car. Just remember to follow all the steps and use all the related SEM products recommended,  i.e. SEM soap, vinyl and plastic prep and adhesion promoter.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:10:29 AM by 66 Eldo »

Series75

Re: Vinyl top restoration; paint it? dye it? options? how to?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
I've done this also on a 1996 Brougham (gold) to freshen it up.  Turned out great.  Same on a maroon 1990 Fleetwood.   Use the product with a spray gun, low air pressure.   Good luck   Tom CLC#6866

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13